Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-PED/01 - PEDAGOGY, THEORIES OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL EDUCATION
Sem. 1B dal Nov 9, 2020 al Jan 9, 2021.
Conoscere alcune tra le principali tematiche educative, espresse in particolare dal linguaggio pedagogico, e comprenderne meglio il significato grazie al contributo del pensiero filosofico, dal momento che tali tematiche hanno anche una valenza filosofica. Comprendere che l’agire educativo, come ogni altro agire professionale, ha in sé una dimensione etica, estetica e teoretica, per la cui piena comprensione è necessaria la riflessione di carattere filosofico. Conoscere e comprendere che il contributo filosofico alla riflessione educativa è di natura riflessiva e riguarda in ultima analisi il senso e il fine ultimo dell’educare; da qui la sua importanza anche per la pratica educativa. Utilizzare una metodologia conoscitiva che parte dall’esperienza educativa, ne rilegge il significato in termini filosofici e ne riporta il contenuto nell’analisi della situazione empirica di partenza. Saper giustificare il rapporto tra esperienza educativa, riflessione pedagogica e teorizzazione filosofica, e di apprezzare il valore formativo e culturale che è espresso da questo legame. Apprendere dalla riflessione pedagogica ulteriori motivazioni personali, culturali e professionali che possano rafforzare la capacità di operare in modo competente e responsabile nei diversi contesti educativi.
The study of the topics of the program will be articulated on three levels, distinct and at the same time interrelated: the level of "cognitive contents"; the level of the "processes", that is of the reciprocal links between different contents; the level of “general meanings”, understandable even starting from concrete experience.
• In relation to the development of the ability to know and understand
The first part of the program aims to establish the cognitive premises necessary to proceed in the knowledge and understanding of the essential disciplinary contents.
1. The problematic nature of the relationship between education and philosophy, that is between practical activity and theoretical knowledge
2. Elements for a theoretical view of philosophical knowledge
3. The philosophical meanings implicates in the language and the educational practice
4. The cognitive model of the philosophy of education
5. The complexity of the relationship between philosophical theory, educational practice and philosophical-pedagogical synthesis
• In relation to the development of the ability to apply knowledge and understanding
The second part of the program aims to show how it is possible to "apply" the methodological approach of the philosophy of education to issues and problems that are essential from an educational point of view.
1. Philosophical reflection on the "person" at the center of the educational experience
2. Philosophical reflection on the theme of "truth" in education
3. Philosophical reflection on the theme of "beauty" in education
4. Philosophical reflection on the "ethical" dimension of educational work
5. Philosophical reflection on the theme of "time" in education
6. Philosophical reflection on the "limit" of educational work
7. Philosophical reflection on the "need for meaning" and its educational implications
• In relation to the didactic organization of the program
The lessons will take place taking into account three modes:
1. the frontal lesson for the presentation of the essential contents;
2. the participatory lesson, in relation to the moments of dialogue in the classroom between students and the teacher and of collaboration between the students;
3. Interventions, questions and brief debates on the issues addressed from time to time will be favored;
4. Should it be necessary, the e-learning platform will be used to upload teaching material.
||Insegnare a vivere. Manifesto per cambiare l'educazione
||Questioni educative e riflessioni filosofiche. Teoria e pratica della filosofia dell'educazione
• REFERENCE TEXTS
To achieve the learning objectives listed above, it is necessary to study two texts, mandatory for all, attending and non-attending;
─ D. Loro, Educational Issues and Philosophical Reflections. Handbook of theory and practice of the philosophy of
─ E. Morin, Teaching to live. Manifesto to change education, Milan, ed. Raffaello Cortina, 2014.
Texts suggested for a possible personal study:
─ M. Baldini, Virtue of error. Between epistemology and pedagogy, Brescia, ed. The School, 2012.
─ N. Bobbio, Philosophy and the need for meaning, Brescia, ed. Morcelliana, 2017.
─ R. Bodei, Limit, Bologna, ed. il Mulino, 2016.
─ Order No., The usefulness of the useless. Manifesto, Milan, ed. Bompiani / Rizzoli, 201616 (2013).
METHOD OF WRITTEN TEST
The objective of the examination is to verify the presence in the students of an adequate level of learning and understanding of the contents, the cognitive processes underlying the contents, and the meanings that are hidden from them.
The exam will take the form of a written test, lasting a maximum of 3 hours. The written test will consist of 5 compulsory questions, differentiated by type, plus one that is optional and not a substitute for the others.
The first four questions are on the lecture the fifth concerns the book by E. Morin.
1st question of a "descriptive" nature: being able to summarize a given topic in the lecture;
2nd Question of a "conceptual" nature: knowing how to define with precision two concepts present in the lecture;
3rd Question of an "argumentative" nature: knowing how to reconstruct coherently the passages of an argumentation present in the lecture;
4th question of a "critical" nature: being able to compare two different topics on a topic in the dispensation and express a critical evaluation based on the value of both.
5th question of an "expository" nature: knowing how to present, and explain in a synthetic way, a chapter of Morin's book, showing in particular its topicality and importance from the philosophical-educational point of view.
NECESSITY OF THE CONNECTION BETWEEN THE EXAMINATION PROGRAM AND THE ACADEMIC YEAR IN WHICH THE TEST IS SUPPORTED
To guarantee the connection, as required by the document of "integration to the degree diploma" (diploma supplement), between the exam program and the academic year in which the student takes the exam, and because each year the course program it is deepened and updated in its contents, compared to the programs of previous years, it is culturally and didactically appropriate that the students enrolled in the previous academic years take the exam bringing the program of the current academic year, except for serious and motivated reasons, to be communicated in any case and in advance to the teacher.