Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
Primo semestre (lauree magistrali) dal Oct 3, 2022 al Dec 23, 2022.
This course intends to provide knowledge and competencies on strategic and operational marketing tools for place development and communication, also from a tourism perspective. In addition, participants will acquire the core competencies necessary to stimulate stakeholder interactions with a participatory approach aimed at promoting local natural and anthropic resources
Prerequisites and basic notions
Participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of strategic and operational marketing.
• Introduction: a multidisciplinary approach - The place as a competitive system and place marketing
• Place marketing: definitions of marketing and place - The territory as a system and its finalities
• Macro-trends in the tourism industry and marketing implications for firms and destinations
• Space, place, landscape, environment, time, inhabitants - The brand concept
• Valuing and managing a territory - Quality of life and BES indicators
• Place marketing and communication strategy
• Local authorities, associations and governance - The Territory Coach.
• Place identity and “genius loci" - From the brand to the brand logo
• Place marketing plan and economic development - Case study "Città Metropolitana di Genova"
• Place marketing and tourism - Governance: DMOs, Urban Labs, Urban Centers and project financing in public-private relationships
The Course will include:
- a Project work with brainstorming and focus groups
- guest lectures from managers and entrepreneurs
- Guido, G., Pino, G. (2019). Il marketing territoriale, Il Mulino, Bologna.
- Qualizza, G. (2020). Il ritorno dei luoghi. Place of origin, marche locali, consumer engagement: nuove mappe per creare valore, Ed. ETS, Pisa.
- Hu, L., & Olivieri, M. (2021). Social media management in the traveller's customer journey: an analysis of the hospitality sector. Current Issues in Tourism, 24(12), 1768-1779.
- Cobbinah, P. B. (2015). Contextualising the meaning of ecotourism. Tourism Management Perspectives, 16, 179-189.
- ulteriori materiali di approfondimento indicati sulla pagina e-learning del corso.
- other supplementary materials uploaded on the e-learning section
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
The Couse will include lectures, interactive teaching, and laboratory activities to write a marketing plan. There will be three meetings with external experts.
Learning assessment procedures
Learning outcomes will be assessed through an oral examination.
- Level of knowledge.
- Ability to apply knowledge to real cases and situations.
- Appropriate use of technical language.
Criteria for the composition of the final grade
The final mark will be the result of the evaluation of:
- acquired knowledge (60%)
- abilities and competencies acquired through the development of the marketing plan (40%)