Spanish Literature I
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
L-LIN/05 - SPANISH LITERATURE
II semestre dal Feb 18, 2019 al Jun 1, 2019.
The main objective of the course (within the Degree in Foreign Language and Lit-eratures) is the acquisition of advanced skills in the field of Spanish literature from 18th to 21st Centuries. The expected learning outcomes are as follows:
- Knowledge and understanding: a depth knowledge of the Spanish literature of the considered period: historical context, texts, genres, movements and authors taught in the course, with particular regard to the issues of cultural exchange and the expressive differentiation of literary phenomena.
- Applied knowledge and understanding skills: the student will acquire the meth-odologies necessary to work on literary texts in historical and comparative per-spectives and the ability to understand complex texts and implicit meanings.
The coursewill provide the coordinates for the knowledge of the main movements, authors and genres of Spanish literature of the twentieth century. The topics planned are as follows:
- History: the Cuban crisis of '98, Primo ed Rivera, the Second Republic, Franco, the democratic transition
- Literature: Modernism, the Avant-gardes, the Generation of '27, the novel during Franco's dictatorship, the of the Transition
- Texts: a selection of the major Spanish writers of the Twentieth Century is included in the Anthology uploaded to the e-learning portal. Detailed analysis of one of the two novels by Ignacio Martínez de Pisón included in the bibliography.
Teaching Mode: Teaching will take place in Italian and Spanish through frontal teaching, case studies and e-learning. The course will have an e-learning platform, which will contain mandatory contents and optional materials. For students who do not have a previous Spanish language education, we will consider the possibility of organizing support courses. This program is also valid for non-attending students who, however, are advised to contact the teacher during the reception hours. Throughout the academic year, the individual reception service managed by the teacher is available, at the timetable indicated on the web pages (no need to set a specific appointment).
|L. Rodríguez Cacho,
||3 Manual de historia de la literatura española. Vol. II, Siglos XVIII al XX, Castalia
||Testo facoltativo e limitatamente ai capitoli sul Novecento (pp. 241-326; 379-548): gli studenti che intendono preparare il programma in spagnolo potranno scegliere questo testo in alternativa alla dispensa e studiare le pagine indicate.
|Ignacio Martínez de Pisón
||Dientes de leche
||Testo da scegliere in alternativa a "El tiempo de las mujeres" dello stesso autore
||Dispensa e antologia del corso sul portale E-learning
|Ignacio Martínez de Pisón
||El tiempo de las mujeres
|| Testo da scegliere in alternativa a "Dientes de leche" dello stesso autore
|Julio Valdeón, Joseph Pérez, Santos Juliá
||Historia de España
||Facoltativo: gli studenti che intendono preparare il programma in spagnolo possono scegliere questo testo in alternativa a "Il Franchismo" e studiare solo la parte relativa al Novecento (pp. 469-578)
|Giuliana Di Febo; Santos Juliá
The exam takes place in Italian and Spanish and consists of an interview aimed at verifying the depth and breadth of the matured knowledge, the analytical and argumentative ability, the ability to systematically connect knowledge, the property of language. The exam covers the topics covered throughout the program. Students will have the opportunity to take an informal and optional written exam based on the blocks of history and literature (open questions and multiple-choice tests). For those who get a positive result for this test, the oral exam will only focus on the text commentary (reading, translating, contextualizing, analyzing a text fragment).