Aesthetics, arts, music and educational contexts
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-FIL/04 - AESTHETICS
Sem. IB dal Nov 13, 2017 al Jan 20, 2018.
The course intends to deliver the conceptual, methodological and cultural bases necessary in order to analyse and interpret as well the aesthetic thematics in a straight sense (sensory perception and knowledge) and the art works in a wider sense. The course also aims at understanding conceptual structures necessary to develop a precise and adequate use of philosophical language; thus, it intends to make students acquire the competences to get a critical and autonomous judgement on the course topics and to express it adequately.
Educating to the Insoluble: tragedy, education, philosophy
The course will be articulated around the theme of the relationship between the "tragic" and the question education. The teaching method will have a recognizable genealogical character, and its theoretical and intemporal value will be combined with the historical dimension of its genesis and development. The course will focus on the "tragical dimension” as an eminent place for education, both in transmitting ultimate truths about existence, and in highlighting the problematic and contradictory aspects of educational experience as such.
1) A first section will involve a brief introduction to the fundamental questions of philosophy connected to the educational and paedagogical context.
2) A second section will propose a brief historical-analytical introduction to Aesthetics and Philosophy of Art, to make students familiar with some of the core concepts of discipline.
3) A third section will analyze more specifically the topic of the 'tragic' in its artistic and philosophical event, emphasizing the essential relationship with education issues.
4) Wide space will be given to the dialogue and collective discussion of the proposed themes, encouraging students to participate actively.
- M. Ophälders, Filosofia arte estetica, Mimesis, Milano 2008.
- G. Steiner, Le Antigoni, Garzanti, Milano 1990.
Although frontal lessons will play an important role, they will be enriched with direct learning experiences through various kinds of artistic practices. Large space will be given to collective reading of works of art, comparing them with other graphic experiences; reading texts of the great philosophical and literary tradition relevant to the themes of the course; listening to music, offering possible pedagogical actions to encourage children to learn through music; film views related to the proposed themes. A multisensory experiences will be encouraged, aimed at expanding students' sensitivity skills, and encouraging them to develop skills transferable to their future work experiences. The course will be complemented with a classroom tutoring, where the topics discussed in the course can have moments of enrichment and clarification, investigating the aspects that could result too complex or problematic.
||Filosofia arte estetica
The assessment of the learning outcomes involves an oral test, during which the issues discussed during the course and studied in the texts will be developed. The exam aims at ensuring knowledge of the topics under discussion and the ability to apply the concepts and logical methodologies to the various issues proposed.
This indivisible oral test is about the whole program and consists of an interview with the teacher and tries to verify:
- the depth and breadth of the knowledge gained;
- the property of language;
- the ability to connect knowledge systematically;
- analytical and argumentative ability.
The vote is expressed in marks from 0/30 to 30/30.