Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-FIL/03 - MORAL PHILOSOPHY
Sem. IA (31.10.16 sosp.lezioni), Sem. IB
Main educational goals
The main educational goals of “Ethics and philosophy of the person” course, within Bachelor's degree in Education, are:
- give the student a basic knowledge of the main concepts - in the ethics and moral field – concerning the pedagogical experience
- increase student’s understanding of the phenomenon typical of educational practice, which becomes now a day more and more complex. This means also to gain a better awareness of the multidimensionality of the problems associated to its professional function.
Specific educational goals
The course inquires the problem of personal identity formation, understood both in a general and philosophical sense, then in a more specific way, that is by stressing the relationships between personal identity formation and self-narration devices.
At the end of the course, students should be able to:
- critically comprehend how personal identity is always interconnected with existence and with a relation to the other.
- manage connections (philosophically consistent) on the problem of personal identity and of its process of formation, also referring them to issues and texts of the course program.
Course Theme: personal identity, existence, narration
In order to provide a general orientation, in the first lessons the concept of “personal identity formation” will be focused by exploring some classical philosophical references, particularly related to ethics and moral philosophy, but not only to them.
In the second part of the course, the relationship between the formation of personal identity and the practice of self-narration will be analysed. Self-narration will be focused by referring it to the existence of the subject and to the relation of the subject to its other. In this view, some thinkers of the twentieth century will be taken into exam, including Philippe Lejeune, Paul Ricoeur, Michel Foucault, Aldo Giorgio Gargani and Adriana Cavarero.
In the last lessons it will be outlined and critically analysed some forms of “expression of the Self” as they appear in blogs, in the writing activity on the Internet and in the social networks frame.
- Paul Ricoeur, “L’identità narrativa” [articolo disponibile on-line al link http://www.allegoriaonline.it/PDF/8.pdf, pubblicato sulla rivista “Allegoria”, n. 60, 2009, pp. 93-104];
- Michel Foucault, “Il bel rischio”, Edizioni Cronopio, Napoli 2013;
- Aldo Giorgio Gargani, “La seconda nascita”, Moretti & Vitali Editori, Bergamo 2010, solo il testo “Sguardo e destino” (pp. 21-117) [Si segnala che, essendo del tutto equivalente a quello che si trova in “La seconda nascita”, è possibile leggere il testo di Gargani anche nella seguente edizione: Aldo Giorgio Gargani, “Sguardo e destino”, Editore Laterza, Roma-Bari 1988]
- Aldo Giorgio Gargani, “La nascita attraverso la scrittura”, in “Anterem” 60, giugno 2000, disponibile sul sito http://www.anteremedizioni.it/files/file/aldo_giorgio_gargani.pdf, SOLO pp. 8-10.
- Adriana Cavarero, "Tu che mi guardi, tu che mi racconti. Filosofia della narrazione", Feltrinelli, Milano 2001, solo le seguenti pagine: pp. 7-64; pp. 173-178.
- Remo Bodei, "Destini personali", Feltrinelli, Milano 2002, solo le seguenti pagine: pp. 37-53 e pp. 293-300.