Physical activity and development
Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
M-EDF/01 - PHYSICAL TRAINING SCIENCES AND METHODOLOGY
1° semestre motorie dal Oct 1, 2020 al Jan 29, 2021.
Formatives purposes: learn to plan and organize motor activity for children from 6 to 14 years old.
of information, an active involvement of the students with the creation of interactive forms of dialogue and simulation to be carried out also with practical activities in the gym. In the exercises these last modalities will be the absolutely prevalent ones.
Suitable gym clothing is required in gym activities (clean sneakers, tracksuit or shorts and shirt).
The course will deal with the main problems relating to the proposal of motor activities in developmental age.
Prof. Bertucco module (Theoretical lessons)
• Fundamentals of motor learning:
- Classification of motor skills;
- Principal theories of motor learning;
- Role of attention;
- Planning and motor preparation;
• Phases of motor learning;
• Sensory-motor and psychophysical development in the developmental age (6-14 years);
• Teaching methods to facilitate motor development in developmental age:
- Practice design in motor activity;
- Augmented feedback;
- Motor exploration;
- Diagnosis and correction of the errors.
Prof. Lanza module (Practical lessons)
• Analysis and teaching of contents related to the formation of motor skills and physical skills divided into three or four age groups (adolescence, pre-adolescence, childhood 8-10 years, childhood 6-7 years). For each age group, information on specific psychophysical characteristics and design workshops on teaching sequences relating to specific objectives / skills will be proposed.
• The motor behaviors (skills, competences and motor contents) of reference for each age group will be the following:
- Evolutionary motor schemes
- Elementary tactics (feints, choice of position in the fame space, choice of moment of action, ...)
- Collaborative games
- Collective attack-defense games
- Movement and rhythm
- Body expression
- Individual sports (introduction to ...)
- Team sports (introduction to ...)
- Climbing (introduction to ...)
• Group exercises will be proposed relating to the definition of purposes, objectives, skills of motor activities, tools for assessing motor skills, teaching styles and teaching proposals in these stages of developmental age.
|K. M. Haywood and N. Getchell
||Life span motor development
||Materiale didattico fornito dal docente / Material provided by the teacher
|Cheryl A. Coker
||Motor Learning and Control for Practitioners
|Jacqueline D Goodway, John C Ozmun, David L Gallahue
||Understanding Motor Development: Infants, Children, Adolescents, Adults
||Jones & Bartlett Learning
Students are required to attend at least 70% of class hours of the course
The assessment is divided into two parts: the first consists in a multiple choice questionnaire of about twenty items with scores diversified based on significance of the topic. The first part is considered passed obtaining at least 50% + 1 of the available total score. The second part of the assessment consists in a written project of a teaching intervention on an assigned topic that will be evaluated out of thirty on the basis of the relevance and completeness. Passing the first part (multiple choice questionnaire) is a necessary requirement to have an evaluation also of the second part. The overall evaluation will be made by attributing 50% to the grading from multiple choice questionnaire and 50% to the project of a teaching intervention.