Here you can find information on the organisational aspects of the Programme, lecture timetables, learning activities and useful contact details for your time at the University, from enrolment to graduation.
The academic calendar shows the deadlines and scheduled events that are relevant to students, teaching and technical-administrative staff of the University. Public holidays and University closures are also indicated. The academic year normally begins on 1 October each year and ends on 30 September of the following year.
The Academic Calendar sets out the degree programme lecture and exam timetables, as well as the relevant university closure dates..
For the year 2016/2017
No calendar yet available
Exam dates and rounds are managed by the relevant Medicine Teaching and Student Services Unit.
To view all the exam sessions available, please use the Exam dashboard on ESSE3.
If you forgot your login details or have problems logging in, please contact the relevant IT HelpDesk, or check the login details recovery web page.
The Study Plan includes all modules, teaching and learning activities that each student will need to undertake during their time at the University. Please select your Study Plan based on your enrolment year.
At the end of the course the student is expected to address the following subjects:
• Etiopathogenesis of cell damage
• Causes of alteration of cell function (chemical, physical and biological)
• Etiopathogenesis of disease. Concept of homeostasis and its regulation
• Acute and chronic inflammation
• Immune system: cell components, their function and interaction
• Homeostasis of the immune response, transfusion and transplants
• Molecular and cellular basis of neoplastic transformation
Introduction to pathology
• Cell homeostasis and alterations at the cell and organism levels
• The concept of biochemical lesion and subcellular localization
• Alteration of cell homeostasis: adaptation, necrosis, apoptosis, restoration of cell damage
• Examples of cell adaptation: alterations of cells status and differentiation
Causes of disease and mechanisms of cell damage
• General classification of the causes of disease: genetic (example: cystic fibrosis), environmental, multifactorial (example: atherosclerosis), chemical (example: alcohol), radiation, free radicals
• Mechanisms of healing
Oedema: pathogenesis and classification
Introduction to immunology and immunological damage
• Innate and acquired immunity: description of leukocytes involved and general mechanisms
• General features: antigen presentation, lymphocyte subclasses, complement
• MHC ad transplants
• Blood groups
• Mechanisms of immuological damage: anafilaxis, complement activation, role of antibodies and Fc receptor, cell-dependent cytotoxicity
• Role of blood vessels in inflammation
• Cells involved in inflammation
• Classification of inflammatory response based on prevalent features: erithematous, serous, fibrinous, purulent, necrotic-haemorragic
• Differences among acute and chronic inflammation
• Cytokines and their role in the regulation of the inflammatory response
• Differences among benign and malign neoplasms
• Properties of neoplastic cells: growth, invasion and differentiation
• General classification: epithelial, mesenchimal, neuroectodermal and germinal, hemopoietc cells neoplasms
• Natural history of neoplasia: precancerous lesions, carcinoma in situ, metastasis. Preferential localization. TNM score.
• Molecular basis of neoplastic transformation: oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes. Mechanisms of activation/inhibition.
• Cancer etiology: physical, chemical and biological
• Mechanism of damage: compression, paraneoplastic syndromes, cachexia
• Cancer biomarkers and their clinical relevance
Giovanni M. Pontieri
Patologia generale & fisiopatologia generale. Per i corsi di laurea in professioni sanitarie
Quiz: multiple choices. Oral test at request or if deemed appropriate by the commission.
News for students
There you will find information, resources and services useful during your time at the University (Student’s exam record, your study plan on ESSE3, Distance Learning courses, university email account, office forms, administrative procedures, etc.). You can log into MyUnivr with your GIA login details.
I servizi e le attività di orientamento sono pensati per fornire alle future matricole gli strumenti e le informazioni che consentano loro di compiere una scelta consapevole del corso di studi universitario.