Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
IUS/04 - BUSINESS LAW
Secondo semestre (lauree) dal Feb 20, 2023 al May 31, 2023.
The course aims to address the study of the regulation of firms and companies, also with regard to extraordinary corporate transactions, as well as of credit instruments. It will provide the methodological tools which are necessary in order to achieve a correct interpretation of the regulation, enabling the students to adopt an all-embracing approach to it.
At the end of the course, students shall have acquired general knowledge of the subjects, appropriate skills related to correct use of legal terminology and legal reasoning, and the ability to apply business law rules to particular cases.
Prerequisites and basic notions
There are no preparatory courses in this course.
- Entrepreneur and enterprise.
- The rules set forth for business enterprises.
- Small enterprises
- Agricultural enterprises
- Business assets.
- Trademarks and competition law.
- Cooperation between entrepreneurs
- Promissory notes
- The company, in general.
- General partnerships: governance and relationships with third parties
- General partnerships: relationships between members
- Limited partnerships
- Joint-stock companies. Incorporation.
- Joint-stock companies: Financial corporate structure (shares; bonds; assets intended for a specific business affair).
- Joint-stock companies: corporate bodies (shareholders’ meeting, management and supervisory bodies)
- Financial statements
- Corporate chart amendments. Withdrawal right.
- Limited liability company
- Companies winding up and dissolution
- Cooperative firms
- Company groups
- Mergers and conversions
The lessons aim at making understandable the logic underlying the essential notions of commercial law, as well as identifying the interests protected by the rules. The active participation of students is encouraged by the dialogic approach, which is used to enable critical learning. In order to facilitate the identification of the operational implications of the rules, the case study method will be adopted and the most recent case law will be analyzed.
G. Meruzzi, Complement of commercial law 1, Egea, 2019 and Complement of commercial law 2, Egea, 2020
or, alternatively: AAVV., Manual of commercial law, edited by Cian, Giappichelli, 2021 (except for the section 5, chapter 2, of section 8 and section 17)
A careful study of the provisions of the Civil Code and of the special laws referred to in the text is required. For this purpose we recommend G. De Nova, Civil Code and related laws, Bologna, Zanichelli, latest edition.
Learning assessment procedures
Final exam will be written.
Midterm exam is not foreseen,
Final exam aims at assessing students' knowledge of rules, correct use of language, and ability to solve juridical issues.
Criteria for the composition of the final grade
Final mark will be expressed in thirtieth.