Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/07 - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION AND ACCOUNTING STUDIES
secondo semestre (lauree magistrali) dal Feb 21, 2022 al May 13, 2022.
At the end of the course, students will be able to evaluate the ethical dimension of business and to adopt ethical responsible choices when inserted in professional context. In detail, the course aims to enable students to acquire knowledge about ethical theories, ethical consequences of different firm theories, civil economy, the purpose and forms of firms (with particular attention to hybrid models), and models of evaluation and communication of social impact. With regards to skills, the course enables students to mature skills about ethical evaluation of business, measurement of social impact, management of tools useful to cultivate relationships with stakeholders, and building virtuous work environment.
The programme is the following:
1. Foundations of ethics
2. Theories of firm and their ethical consequences
3. Organizational purpose: for-profit, nonprofit, and hybridism
4. Firm, work, and markets: labour ethics
5. Business ethics and corporate welfare policies
6. Measurement of value under an ethical perspective
7. Business Ethics and organizational models
The course adopts different didactical methods and it is supported by Moodle platform. Both attending and non-attending students can subscribe to Moodle platform to participate to proposed activities.
Together with traditional lessons, the course adopts didactical strategies such as shared lessons, cooperative learning, case study and company visit, film, and other active dynamics aimed to allow the development of practical competences and critic skills beyond knowledge.
The list of study materials is available in the Moodle platform.
The program is the same for both attending and non-attending students
The evaluation adopts a blended approach. During the lessons, some activities aimed to formative evaluation are proposed to students and a summative evaluation examination is administrated ad the end of the lessons time.
The activities aimed to formative evaluation (even though they are related to classroom dynamics) are available on Moodle platform, also to non-attending students. They do not imply a punctual evaluation, but only a formative feedback by the teacher. The results of these activities give rise to the construction of an evaluation portfolio that is discussed during the final examination. The evaluation portfolio has to be composed by at least 50% of the proposed activities.
The summative evaluation derives from an oral examination during which the student discusses him/her formative path (included in the evaluation portfolio).
As an alternative, the student can choose to be evaluated without preparing an evaluative portfolio. In this case, the exam will be oral and it will focus on the entire program.
The evaluation criteria are the following:
- depth and range of knowledge (does the student know the arguments of the program?)
- capacity of applying knowledge to specific managerial issues (is the student able to discuss the ethical dimension of managerial issues?)
- written and oral language skills (does the student express her/himself in a correct way?)
- completeness of learning path (Is the student able to discuss the different topics of the course? And to link them to each other?)