Scientific Disciplinary Sector (SSD)
SECS-P/08 - MANAGEMENT
The course aims to increase the knowledge about organizational studies and management information systems, focusing on information, processes and the value generated by the organizational structure. The objective is to provide the student with the tools to verify and evaluate the organizational structures, business processes and the specific characteristics of the information. For this reason, it will analyze the business problems, and then defines the structures and tools for coordination. We will also analyze the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), and then analyze and evaluate the characteristics of Web Information Systems and more generally the e-Business platforms, for the management and sharing of information on the Web. In the final phase of the course, we will they will take into consideration decision-making processes and Decision Suppor Systems applications, as well as Business Intelligence and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools, for the assessment of company management (management control) and for the best definition of future scenarios (planning strategic).
Prerequisites and basic notions
No special prerequisites are required.
The contents of the course can be summarized as follows:
- Organizational studies (organizational structures)
- Organizational theories (Overview)
- Organizational behavior (Overview)
- Organizational variables and coordination mechanisms
- Business Process Management
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Knowledge Management and Content Management
- Web Information Systems tools
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Business Intelligence (Overview)
Visualizza la bibliografia con Leganto, strumento che il Sistema Bibliotecario mette a disposizione per recuperare i testi in programma d'esame in modo semplice e innovativo.
In addition to lectures, during the course, space will be given to the analysis and discussion of cases developed by the students. Throughout the academic year, the individual reception service managed by the teacher is available at times indicated on the web pages (it is recommended to make an appointment via email). The content of the textbook, as well as of the lectures, is adherent to the program. During the lessons, the slides will be made available as study material.
Learning assessment procedures
The exam consists of a written test. Students are encouraged to consult the notices in Moodle. Specifically, the test will consist of three open questions.
The questions are structured in such a way as to verify the level of knowledge of the issues concerning organizations and information systems. At the same time, they are studied in order to test the ability to interpret the main problems related to problem-solving.
Criteria for the composition of the final grade
The test is aimed at ascertaining:
- knowledge of the topics in the program, with particular reference to their applicative and methodological aspects;
- the ability to apply logical schemes to the various organizational problems presented; - the depth and breadth of the knowledge gained; - the property of language;
- the ability to use the techniques and tools covered by the course.
The final evaluation is expressed in 30ths.